Monday, January 19, 2009

First Haircut


Little Sis had her first haircut on Friday. A very exciting event for little sis, and slightly traumatic for her daddy! She is 3 years 8 months old, so it was definitely time for a haircut. I had been trying to convince her of this for the past few months but up until a few weeks ago she was certain that cutting her hair would be the equivalent of becoming a boy. "But mama I don't want to cut my hair 'cuz I won't be a girl no more".
We went to a little shop that specializes in kids' cuts and she sat in a little jeep to get it done. She was very proud of how still she sat and is telling everyone "and I didn't even whine". It took the lady approximately 3 minutes to cut it so I did feel a little ripped off, but Little Sis got a special experience for her first cut. Little does she know that next time I will be taking matters into my own hands. Wonder how well that will go over.
Here she is... still a girl and looking more and more like a little lady than my baby.

3 comments:

Kierstin said...

She's so adorable. I bet I'm more nervous to get my hair cut than she looked. Wish I could sit in a jeep too!

Karmen said...

Nice haircut, A.! I am proud of you for holding so still. :-)
Love, Granny

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie, you look very pretty with your new hair cut! I wish I could see you again. Love and Hugs, Aunt Cheryl XO XO