Friday, February 13, 2009

Kid Update

I realize that I haven't updated with any news on the kiddos for a while now. It seems that our lives have been over scheduled these past couple weeks with a large workload for hubbie, multiple meetings for me and tons of activities for the kids. Big Bro is out of school until Wednesday and it seems that we will now get a much needed break.

Anyway, here's a couple of new pictures and an update on the kids.
Little Sis remains fearless. She has mastered handstands on the recliner much to my dismay. I can envision a fall with another emergency visit and it makes my heart pound.

She also enjoys standing on top of her daddy's shoulders. She LOVES her gymnastics classes and I guess she is just bringing her talents home.

Big Bro is having a great time at Cub Scouts. He looks like such a little man in his uniform. I am, however, not enjoying sewing on all the patches and have not completed this task yet which frustrates him.

He is talking more grown up every day now. He loves to use the word "awesome" and draws it out as in "a-w-e-some", which makes me cringe and giggle at the same time. My favorite though is to keep asking him silly questions to the point where he gets annoyed and responds "Seriously Mom". It sounds like something that should come from the mouth of a boy twice his age!


You can catch a small glimpse of our freshly painted family room in these photos. I am attempting to sew window treatments, get the photos back on the wall and finish accessorizing this weekend so I'll post more photos when it's complete.

6 comments:

MindySue said...

they grow up so darn fast. i can't believe big Bro is in CUBSCOUTS. wow. i love the pic of lil Sis on the recliner. Classic.

Anonymous said...

WOW sewing on patches brought back memories for sure. They aren't easy to sew on are they? Can't believe that little guy we used to take care of while Mommy and Daddy had a few minutes out is now old enough to join cub scouts. Bet you will be a cub scout leader before long Heather. Hugs, Aunt Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!! You definitely have another Heidi and Craig on your hands with Little Sis. Sounds like our Caylee is right in line as well. Good Luck is about all I can say Heather! hehe

Karmen said...

They change every month! Both seem so much bigger since we saw them 2 1/2 months ago. The recliner acrobatics is a little scarey! That's such a cute picture of Big Bro doing the Cub Scout salute! Give them kisses and hugs for us. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the sewing on patches thing. I hated it doing that part. I can see Caleb being anxious to get them on his shirt. Amie, Aunt Danae did a cartwheel off of a chair and broke her arm! Be careful! Easy for grandma to say when in your sweet little mind nothing is impossible and of course it would never happen to you. Can't wait to see your new paint job. I really want to get going on my house. Who knows when that might happen. I would do it myself but I am getting to old to do it all on my own. Maybe it's because I know how big of job it will be. love you kids!! Grandma

Anonymous said...

Cute pics of the kiddos! The newly painted room looks great...when do you want to come help me put some color on my walls?