Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend Summary

Friday afternoon Sis and I went together to get our hair cut. I let them cut bangs into her hair. She loves it. I hate it. It's not about the way it looks, it looks cute enough. It's more about the nightmares I remember as a child attempting to grow bangs back out. I think I'll start stocking up on barrettes and headbands now!
I went to a banquet on Friday night and ended up sick as a dog later that night, in fact I spent most of the night on the bathroom floor. I'm not sure if it was food poisoning or just some random flu I picked up. Considering that Bro is down to 2 1/2 days of school left I am hoping that it was some sort of food poisoning yet it doesn't seem like any of the other ladies there caught it. So I spent yesterday in bed and hubbie did a great job running my errands and keeping the kids entertained.

I felt better today and decided that some fresh air and exercise would do us all some good. So we took a hike this afternoon on a trail we hadn't used before. The kids did great keeping up and especially enjoyed throwing rocks into the stream.

Just wanted to post these photos real quick. Like I said we are in Bro's last week of school and things are crazy busy around here. I can't wait for next week when summer will set in for us.

3 comments:

Karmen said...

Ame's haircut is cute. So sorry you were sick and glad to hear you are feeling better. Can almost hear that water running in the river! Not crazy about the bridge though. :-) We will also be glad when summer comes. It is 36 degrees and snowing here again today - second time this week! OK -to be positive - the mositure is nice. Love, Mom

Melissa Paul said...

Glad you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am just getting around to reading your blog. I am also very sorry about you being sick!
You do some fun things together.
Amie, I love your hair!! Caleb you look pretty snazzy in your hat.
Grandma