Monday, October 12, 2009

The Big Time Consumer


This project was thrown on me last minute when the gal in charge fell and broke her wrist. I have been totally consumed with this for the last week and have spent everyday since Thursday at the school working on one aspect or another. Luckily I rounded up lots of volunteers so the actual painting went very quickly.


We painted the U.S. map on the little kids side of the playground and the world map on the bigger kids' side. The delight in their faces this morning made it worth it.

On the downside, the world map was tagged the first night before the sealant went on. We were able to touch it up but I worry that it won't be long before it happens again. Anyone up for an all night security guard position?

*As a result of this project and other PTA commitments I have tons of back posting to do, so I have scheduled one for everyday this week!

2 comments:

Melissa Paul said...

Wow, looks awesome! You deserve a gold star for all that you do Heather!

MindySue said...

HOLY COW!!! You know you can CALL ME for HELP right!!!?!?!?

I can't believe they tagged it! (and by that I mean I totally CAN believe it, but it makes me so mad)
I'm sure I could persuade Curt to sit down there with a BB gun. He'd probably really enjoy it.