Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Really Good Scream

I finally took Sis in for her 4 year old check up. Yes, I do realize her birthday was in MAY but I had to find a new doctor and when it comes to that I'm a complete slacker.

The good news is that she is still on the chart for weight. She hit about 5% last year and this year at 32 pounds she is up to 14% (fully clothed in many layers but on the chart nonetheless). Her height is 39 1/2 inches, still around 24%. And, of course, she is very bright and above average in every other area (those may not be the doctor's exact words but I know how to translate all that doctor lingo!)

The bad news...5 SHOTS!!! I made the mistake of not giving her a heads up that these were in store and when she saw the nurse come in with all those needles she screamed louder than I have ever heard a child scream. It started pre-poke and continued for many moments after the process was over. The nurse kept saying, "Wow she has a really good scream." All the way out of the office she kept shouting "I am NEVER coming back here." Though her attitude lightened some when she heard me schedule Bro's appointment for his flu shot!

By the time we got to the car all these little red marks had appeared around her eyes. Almost like little bruised from screaming so hard. Unfortunately the camera didn't capture them well.

1 comment:

MindySue said...

i bet many a kid got jabbed mid-shot when her screaming started.