Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What's in a walk?

So today I noticed my six-year-old studying me while I vacuumed. As I was wrapping up the cord, he turned to me and said "Mommy, this is how beautiful girls walk" and he elaborated with a little walk where he stuck his chest out and swung his hips side to side. As I tried to hide my giggles, he walked back to me and said "This is how you walk" and proceeded to strut across the room swinging his arms at his sides, a quick purposeful walk. Then he turned to me quite seriously and said "Mommy, beautiful girls must have a beautiful walk". Who taught him such nonsense?! Even so, I think tomorrow I will hold my chest out just slightly and give my hips a little swinging action. Hey, anything to please my six-year-old son!

2 comments:

Kim R. said...

I, to, am trying to stiffle my giggles.......where do they come up with these things!

Karmen said...

You have such a way with words and descriptions, Heather! I can picture this whole episode. OK-how many of us are practicing our walks now? :-) Love, Mom