Monday, April 6, 2009

Ironic

Last week was Spring Break. I had all these great plans of things to do with the kids, most of them outdoors, after all it was almost April.

However, the weather played an evil trick on me and it was chilly and windy all week so my plans had to be altered.

Why am I surprised? After all I grew up in Wyoming and it always snowed on spring break then.

It snowed here as well, on Wednesday. Some bad April's Fools joke, I am certain.

We still had a good time but the week was not what I had been longing for.

Then yesterday the weather turned. We spent the day outdoors enjoying the sunshine.

I sent Big Bro back to school today with a heavy heart, as it was another beautiful day.

As I type this, it is still almost 60 degrees outside.

How irritatingly ironic life can be.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I could agree with this...it was so stinkin' cold on my spring break but now that I'm back at work it's in the 70's! You would think we wouldn't complain so much about the weather since we grew up in Wyoming but I'm just not use to that wind anymore and would like to keep that way!! Hope you enjoyed spring break anyway. I read through you previous posts about the kids progress too. Tell the kids that Aunt Heidi is proud of them!!

Anonymous said...

Well Girls you need to come back to Wyoming. It was beautiful here during Spring Break! Well, so they say--I wouldn 't know as I was in Idaho where it was very cold and lots of snow. Love ya, Aunt Cheryl