Tuesday, August 25, 2009

That didn't hurt

I had the night planned out. After gymnastics we were headed to the grocery store where we were to buy a few dinner items as well as some ice cream bars for the kids. The plan was that after a quick dinner we would run back up to the school where mommy would finish some work and the kids would get to eat their ice cream bars on the playground.

It never goes as planned.

The kids started acting up in the grocery store, running around and actually trying to climb things. Sis pulled the final straw when she refused to move. I promptly made my way to the checkout stand without the ice cream. Bro is in tears when we get to the car. As we drive away I explain that if they can not behave we can not follow our original plan.

Bro is sobbing.

Sis looks at him and replies "That's okay. Ms. W (Bro's teacher from last year) gave us candy in her classroom today so I don't need ice cream anyway. It would have just gave me a tummy-ache."

Here's the moment I do a double take as I believe I have just seen my little sister sitting in the pink car seat in the back of my Jeep.

I'm sure I received the wrong child. This one was meant as a pay back to my sister!

3 comments:

MindySue said...

Don't you hate it when they go and wreck your carefully thought out consequences.....little pill

heidi said...

I love waiting to hear what comes out of her mouth next...I'm glad that you think she was a mix up as that means that my child will be super sweet and well behaved! ;)

Anonymous said...

Heather--talk to Craig. He has a girl just like that! It sounded exactly like something Caylee would have said. We MUST get those four together soon. Hugs, Aunt Cheryl