Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mommy Gets A Break

The hubbie had a conference in Spokane this last weekend. I decided to tag along and dropped the kids with Grandma for the weekend. It was fabulous!

We stayed at the Davenport, which is a fancy hotel in downtown Spokane. Hubbie's schedule was pretty full during the days but I managed to keep myself entertained by leisurely reading in bed in the morning before heading down to the amazing fitness center for an hour workout, followed by a dip in the hot tub and a loooooong shower. And since I didn't have any small heads peaking around the curtain asking what I was doing, I was actually able to shave BOTH legs! It was AMAZING!

I then walked down the street for a little shopping. Upon entering the mall though found myself shopping at Gymboree and Whiz Kids. It was quite nice to shop for the kids without them tugging at me, begging for things and only having to worry about my own stomach and bladder! The biggest joy...I found a two story new and used bookstore which I browsed in uninterupted for TWO hours. Hubbie and I were also able to enjoy a couple quite dinners and even a movie for his birthday.

After two days/nights completely off, I arrived back at the in-laws refreshed and missing my children. This is going to have to be a yearly, make that bi-yearly, event!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you two got away. It is good to do things for ourselves once in awhile. And I am sure it was a nice break for the kids to have time with Grandma and Grandpa. How fun! Glad all went well and you had a good time. Love, Mom

Melissa Paul said...

Glad you had a nice vacation - you work so hard and deserve a nice break!

Anonymous said...

Amazing what just a weekend away can do! And remember it is good for the kids too! Just wish I was closer so we could babysit for our kids more. Love and Hugs, Aunt Cheryl

MindySue said...

PLEASE TAKE ME WITH YOU.

I'm glad you got to shave both legs. I was gonna say something....

Super jealous about the bookstore. What did you GET?

Anonymous said...

I vote for a get away every 3 months and I get the weekend with the kids! We did have a fun time with them and am so glad that you trusted them into our care.
We do need to get away so that we can appreciate what we have. I always loved coming home to the kids after a get away. Larry swears that that is all I talk about when I am away from them.(He is probably right!) Debra