Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Special Hug

A couple of months ago my six year old asked how babies get into a mommy's tummy. I fumbled a moment and then told him that when a mommy and a daddy really love each other they give each other a special hug. During this hug part of the daddy mixes with part of the mommy and the baby is made.

He was totally satisfied with this answer...until tonight.

We were at the dinner table (I think this is where the most interesting conversations in our house take place) and he asked hubby and me if we still loved each other. After we said yes, he said "Then do that special hug now, 'cuz I want a baby."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well---??? I think he has a good idea! Hugs, Aunt Cheryl

MindySue said...

HAHAHAHA. Sorry. I don't mean to laugh at your expense and discomfort...but THAT is FUNNY.

Anonymous said...

Cameron was telling me when you visited how well you had handled the question. He was telling me what a good mom you are.
Well now I am interested to see how you handled this one.
Just for the record I am on Caleb's side. How about one of those hugs for a baby? (Really!! No pressure.)
Debra

Destiny said...

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing. That is a great explanation though, not sure I would have come up with that. Good luck with this one. :)

Karmen said...

I have to agree with everyone else - that was too funny! You never know what those two will say or do next. I'm with Debra, how did you and Cameron handle that one? Love, Mom