Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sneaky Leprechauns

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Much to the kids delight, we had a little visit from those ornery Leprechauns last night. They tip-toed around our house while the children were asleep making all sorts of mischief.

First they hit the fridge and turned our milk green! (The kids both believe milk tastes better this way. I, on the other hand, can't get past the color and swear it tastes minty!)

Then they drug out all the green toys and left toy piles where they had played with them. Who knew we owned some many green playthings? And everywhere those little Leprechauns walked they unknowingly left a trail of greenery.
I found a story that stated that if you make a treasure box and leave it out the Leprechauns must fill it with treasure and gifts. They then cleverly hide it but if you can find it before the end of the day, the treasure is yours to keep. So the kids followed the trail the Leprechauns unknowingly left and were led to the hiding place of the treasure box. They were delighted with their little treasure and I was delighted by their wonder.
This was such a fun way to spend the holiday. I can't take credit for all the ideas though, a couple I again borrowed from a very creative friend.

5 comments:

Karmen said...

What an awesome idea. You are so fun and creative. Quite a leap from just being sure to wear green so you don't get pinched! Love, Mom

MindySue said...

i'm going to completely plagiarize (or whatever) your entire St. Patricks Day. it sounds AMAZING!

Kim R. said...

I love the toy piles, I can actually visualize those little nasty critters squating and playing with your stuff....HOW HORRIFYING!

Destiny said...

I'm so glad someone else loves things like this as much as I. You did awesome! Love your take on it.

Logan wanted to make the treasure box as well but we had enough going on as it was.

Anonymous said...

Cute!! But way too much thought for me. You know my simple mind. Good for you to do such fun things. Debra