Tuesday, September 2, 2008

How Fast Can They Grow?


I found myself marveling at the growth in my kids tonight. The amount of change I see in them since Big Bro had started back to school (mind you, that was less than a week ago) is enormous. Big Bro came home with homework tonight. His teacher has informed us that starting this week they will be having a weekly spelling test, consisting of 12 words and two sentences. So I started quizzing him on his words and sentences tonight. It just doesn't seem possible that he is old enough for this type of activity yet. Then to add insult to injury, tonight I brought his favorite towel into the bathroom and he said "Alright, my green towel. You Go Girl." "You Go Girl"? Whose child is this?Little Sis is also changing. It seems that we have hit the no-more-nap stage. She missed 4 naps last week and did fine without them. Then she said she wanted a nap today so I let her take a short one and now she is laying in her bed wide awake. UGH! I love nap time and don't know quite how to function without it. How sad!
As hard as it is to see them changing, there are some nice parts to their growth. They decided to help me out tonight while I was cooking dinner by vacuuming and they did it without fighting with each other! Now how much longer do I have to wait before I can have them start doing the dishes?!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They actually look like they are enjoying it too! Ummm...that doesn't last too long! Sure enjoyed all your pictures from the Labor Day weekend and school work too! They are getting so big! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That's awesome they are so willing to help with household chores! Any chance you want to send them to my house...I'm sure I have chores that would be ever so much fun! :)
Heidi