Sunday, September 14, 2008

Much Better!

Okay, so the last post was not meant to make anyone feel bad and I was not looking for sympathy (although I did feel a little poor me at the time). But just so everyone knows I am back in mommy mode after a weekend with the family.
We took the kids and dogs for a hike. It was super fun. We didn't get in as much hiking this summer as I would have liked to but fall seems like a much better time to hike anyway. Hopefully we will get in another trip or two before it gets too cold.
The leaves are already changing, which seems crazy because the temperatures have been in the 80's. Perfect weather for me.

The dogs and kids even got in some water play. I also took Deuce for a playdate with my friend's horse of a dog. I know it seems slightly odd to set up playdates for the dog but it's nice to give Bailey a break and we want to socialize him as much as possible. Although he is still timid with this monster dog, he did do better. Hopefully they will become great buds!
I was also able to get in some much needed yard work. Although there is much more to be done, it's nice to drive up to the house and see it looking somewhat presentable. I even got some fall mums and winter pansies to help brighten it up.

The kids got some much needed daddy time in today. They played baseball in the front yard and Bailey acted as the outfielder by fetching all the balls. (Yes, Sis does have her suit on backwards...don't ask!)

I must admit that although weekends aren't complete off time for me, they do give me a small break from the kids because they adore their daddy so. Even though he isn't the best at picking up his dirty laundry (or shoes or other miscellaneous items), I must give credit where credit is due. He is one great dad! (This is Cameron- I normally let Heather do this on her own but I had to add a little here. Heather will VERY GRUDGINGLY admit that I have been doing ALOT better in the picking up of my own stuff as of recent (she consistently strives for perfection so she can't give me too much props). Anyway very fun weekend! CVT )

2 comments:

Destiny said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. Its extra nice when daddies step in right? Even if it is only for a few hours here and there.

Anonymous said...

I think you have grown up pretty darn good, Cameron! Thanks to a wonderful girl named Heather in your life.
Oh and by the way I am still working on his dad to pick up after himself. He keeps telling me that I said I would love to pick up after him for the rest of my life. I honestly don't ever recall saying those words.
I, like you have to overlook all those little things because of the good things he has done for me and my children for 32 years. I wouldn't trade him! Debra