Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back To School

Today was the first day of first grade for Big Bro. He did surprisingly well. He was so pleased that his new teacher knew his name even before he put his name tag on. And although none of the little girls he was considering marrying in kinder are in his class this year, many of the boys he is friends with are. He was so excited that this year they get their own desks vs the tables they shared in kinder. I am relieved that there were no tears this year and that the transition went so smoothly. However he did say he missed me off and on all day and that the best part of his day was the end of school. That sums up the way I felt all day as well!
With all the focus I have had on preparing Bro for school, it seems that I forgot to take into account what a huge change this would be for Little Sis. Sh
e called her daddy at lunch and proclaimed that mommy took brother to school and left him there! She was a little sad and needy all day. She also brought me the book "Llama, Llama Mad at Mama" and had me read it 3 times...hmmm wonder what she was getting at!

1 comment:

Karmen said...

It's amazing how much older Caleb looks in his first grade pictures! He sounded so excited last night when he said that school was "Great" and "actually excellent". I had my nursing students for their first class this a.m. and since it was Maternal/Pediatrics, I told them about Caleb's first day and that I hoped they would be able to say the same thing to their families tonight! Somehow, they didn't seem as excited....but then again, they only had tables to sit at, no desks. That must be the difference. :-)
Love, Mom