Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No Bailey Didn't Shrink!



We did go ahead and get a new puppy this weekend. He looks a lot like Bailey did as a pup. The kids are thrilled...wish I could say the same for Bailey. He was very upset the first day but it has been getting better everyday. Today he actually laid by the puppy for a while and then took the pup his ball. I'm sure if the pup could have managed to somehow play fetch with him they would have been best friends for life! It has actually been easier then expected so far, only 2 accidents and he is sleeping at night with no problem. I'm sure we will have some more difficult moments as the pup gets more comfortable in his new home, but things are good now. Yesterday I felt completely out of balance and was regretting the decision slightly. Today I feel like I am getting my feet back on the ground and that this will all work out just fine. As for a name...none yet! Hubby still likes Duece and it does seem to fit as he is a mini-me version of Bailey. We have also been playing with the names Chance and Chief. Any other suggestions?

3 comments:

Destiny said...

I'm not good at naming dogs, but it sure is cute. The "second" kid is always easier right? This dog will be a piece of cake.

Karmen said...

Heather,
Good puppy pictures! Changes are always hard at first, but I was thinking that when Bailey gets use to "pup", it may even help with keeping him more active and feeling younger. That's what some say anyway. Glad to hear each day is getting a little better. Names? Nope, I don't have any suggestions either. :-)
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I have no idea for a name but you can always use the internet for ideas (such as http://www.fundognames.com/male-dog-names.html). Also we are anxiously awaiting your posting of the Uncle Brad story.

Love ya, Dad